This gluten free only 3 ingredient cheesecake recipe offers a light and fluffy alternative to rich and dense cheesecakes. It is adapted from epicurious.com. If you use pareve white chocolate, it can be served with a meat meal.
Be sure to read all the tips below for the best results to any cheesecake. Yes! you can freeze it too. Here's how...
1 ½ cups white chocolate chips or 9 ounces white chocolate, chopped
8 ounces cream cheese, cut into 2” cubes
6 eggs, separated
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut parchment paper to fit the bottom and sides of 8" spring form or cake pan. Butter the bottom and sides of the pan and press parchment paper into place.
2. Bring water to quiet simmer in a medium saucepan. Place white chocolate medium heatproof bowl that is slightly larger than the saucepan and set bowl over the barely simmering water. The water should not touch the bowl. This is called a double boiler method. Stir occasionally with a fork for 5-10 minutes until chocolate is smooth and melted. Add cream cheese and stir 1 minute until cream cheese is just softened.
3. Remove from heat, let cool slightly, then add egg yolks and stir until smooth.
4. In another bowl, place egg whites and beat with an electric mixer on high speed, until stiff peaks form. Gently stir a cup of the egg whites to the chocolate mixture until combined. Add remaining egg whites in 2 additions, gently lifting and folding until combined, being careful not to break the fluffiness of the egg whites.
5. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Place a large piece of foil in a roasting pan with about 2” sides. Place cake on the foil and fold the foil snugly around the bottom and sides of the cake in the pan. To the roasting pan, add warm water to reach halfway up sides of cake pan. Bake cheesecake until set, 40–45 minutes. Turn oven off and leave pan in oven. After 15 minutes, remove the cake out from the roasting pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Remove cheesecake from cake pan, transfer to a serving platter, and chill until cold, at least 4 hours.
Each 3 ingredient cheesecake makes 8 servings Must make ahead
Active time: 15 minutes Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes