Shavout cheesecake recipes, simplified. One cake three ways and the incredible three ingredient cheesecake!
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 pinch cinnamon or
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Butter a 9×13-inch baking dish and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on both sides.
2. Place graham cracker crumbs in a large bowl and mix in melted butter and cinnamon until crumbs are just moistened. Add 1 teaspoon cocoa powder instead of cinnamon to the chocolate version.
3. Press cookie mixture evenly into the bottom of greased baking pan and refrigerate.
4. In a large bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, then add sugar and lemon juice, beating on medium until fully combined and incorporated.
5. Spread batter over chilled crust and use a spatula to smooth the top.
6. Cover with topping choice, see below.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is just set, but moves a bit when jiggled. Turn off oven. After 15 minutes, remove cake from oven and let cool completely before refrigerating at least 4 hours, or overnight.
8. To serve, remove from pan using parchment paper overhang to help keep the cheesecake in form. Cut into squares and serve chilled.
3 apples, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 Tablespoons sugar
Mix above ingredients together. Step 6 spread over unbaked cake, and top with streusel:
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 stick butter, softened
Pulse together in food processor and sprinkle over apple topping. Continue with step 7.
Serve drizzled with Caramel Topping, if desired