We love this delicious recipe for Glazed Carrots!
It makes a luscious side dish for company or an easy weeknight menu.
2 pounds baby carrots,
8 large shallots, peeled and halved
2 tablespoons margarine
4 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tablespoons molasses
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400° and position rack on uppermost shelf. Place carrots and shallots in a roasting pan in a single layer.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt margarine. Add sugar, molases and vinegar. Boil mixture, stirring often, until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes.
3. Pour hot sugar-vinegar mixture over carrots and shallots in the roasting pan. Quickly toss to coat. Mixture may lump as it cools, this is fine.
4. Place pan in preheated oven on upper rack. Roast for 45 minutes. Halfway through this cooking process, stir the carrots and shallots around with a metal spatula, scraping up any crusty particles from the bottom of the pan.
5. Remove from oven, cool slightly and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Active Time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 55 minutes
Can make ahead Do not Freeze